Day trip Corvin Castle
From the 14th century the most beautiful castle in S-E Europe, included in Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days and according to Lonely Planet "Transylvania's premier Dracula-esque castle.
There may not be any real vampires on most days, but Gothic architecture, weaponry displays, and some authentic dark history " makes Corvin Castle no 2 in top 7 spookiest buildings around the world
At request, you can include visiting:
- The Medieval center of Sibiu - For hundreds of years, this walled town in the heart of Transylvania was one of the most powerful and prosperous strongholds in Europe and now it is one of the most important cultural centers of Romania. Along with Luxembourg it was designated Europe's Capital of Culture in 2007. Forbes placed this marvelous city as “Europe‘s 8th most idyllic place to live”.
- The Fortress of Fagaras, best preserved in Europe! Over 600 years old, this military defense fortress is surrounded by a lake, guarded by swans and will enchant you with a lot of artifacts, a collection of medieval weapons and traditional folk crafts. No wonder it was placed as Europe's second most beautiful castle in a top made by Huffington Post .
- Transfagarasan Road - open yearly after the snow melts, usually from july till october this road is one of the most spectacular and uniques roads in the world. It will make you fly over the peaks of the highest mountains of Romania, immerse yourself into the landscapes, listen to the waterfalls and be part of all the peace and beauty that surrounds you! It was enough for Jeremy Clarkson -Top Gear - to name it "the best road in the world" .
- Lipizzan Horse Stables , world famous for raising lipizzans from 1874 is highly apreciated for these royal and aristocratic horses.Part of the European Cultural Heritage, the horses seem to be aware of their beauty .Elegant and proud they will charm you right away.Try the horseback ride or have a carriage adventure in the forest. Memories for a lifetime guaranteed!
- Sambata Monastery - one of the most beautiful monasteries in Romania, a place of recovery, comfort and spiritual balm for visitors.
Astra Cultural Museum of Traditional Folk Civilization. This open air museum hosts original monuments that are representative for the values of the Romanian village . Domains such as agriculture, rising animals, apiculture, fishing and hunting are illustrated by means of characteristic households such as sheepfolds, wine cellars, small factories, etc.You will be presented with all kind of entertainment options: boat rides, carriage rides and horse-drawn sledge rides, traditional lunch restaurant and especially in the summer the museum is animated by numerous events – almost no week passes by without a cultural event! It is endeed a fascinating museum and must be put on the list of things to see in Sibiu… and we are not the only ones saying that, the Michelin Green Guide gave it 3 stars!
Balea Ice Hotel and Ice Church (dec.- may) - Come see it! Up in the mountains at 2034m altitude, with frosty furniture and glittering white walls, it is all made of ice! Among the few ones in the world, this piece of architecture will create you memories of a lifetime. Try the Ice Bar, we challenge you to have a hot drink in a glass made of ice!
Duration: estimated 10 h
Price: 75 euro/pers
Pick up: From accommodation
*leaving time can be subject to change considering your pick up location/ busy times of the year.the exact leaving time will be confirmed by us at the moment of your booking.
Please note that prices do not include any entrance,photo or lunch costs.Prices expressed in euro above can be also paid in Lei/Ron, our national currency.
Prices can be different for less than 3 participants
Lunch stops are not mandatory and are to be discussed with your tour leader on the day (sandwich stops or traditional restaurants along the way)
*These tours can be changed according to your wish.
Courtesy Pick up Service - For your convenience we offer a free morning pick up service. If we are unable to collect you from the main entrance to your accommodation we aim to collect you from within walking distance
Included: We offer you safe and comfortable transportation and permanent assistance from specialized English tour guide'
Not included: Entrance tickets, Photo and video fees; Other services not specified on the itinerary;
Lunch will be served at a special, traditional restaurant. Costs are additional and around 10 euro/ person.
Please note that the time table is subjected to change due to heavy city traffic and road works.
If booking is made in less than 24 hours before travelling, please contact us to check availability.
Note: Our carriage has all the things necessary to keep you safe (cloves of garlic, holy water, crosses and crucifixes ...) so there is absolutely no reason to worry.